Ivan Leon Siler III
- My name is Ivan Siler and I reside in Piedmont North Carolina ...
- I was born in Mobile, Alabama one week before Elvis Presley released "Hound Dog".
- My family moved all over the place while I was growing up.
- I took piano, tuba, and guitar lessons but never practiced enough to be any good.
- I sang in the United Methodist Youth Choir for years.
- I got hooked on Drag Racing after my first nitro funny car race in 1971.
- I graduated from Severna Park Senior High in Maryland in 1974.
- I experimented with recreational substances for awhile because I was too young for Woodstock and too old for disco.
- I graduated from Greensboro College in North Carolina in 1978.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religion and Philosophy with an emphasis in Liberation Theology for Blacks and Women.
- My Father and I started the family business GO Limited in 1982. I have been self-employed as an automotive chemical distributor since then. I'm great at what I do, got paid this week, and have a clear conscience.
- I worked the door as a part-time "bouncer" at Friday's, a local rock club, from 1982 - 1984. I received a meal, $15 cash, and all the beer I could drink as payment every night.
- I hosted a three hour Reggae radio show at Guilford College (WQFS 90.9 FM) every Sunday afternoon for seven years.
- I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ and discipled myself in the Spring of 1988 and have been trying to follow Him ever since.
- I married Sheila Ruth Palmer on April 15, 1989. She is the love of my life and I chase her around the couch every chance I get.
- I played percussion in a Worship Team band for 10 years and 1500+ services.
- We manufactured three wonderful children between 1993 and 1999 and I am especially fond of all of them.
- I have served in seven different local churches since 1988.
- I served as an Assistant Scoutmaster with The Boy Scouts from 2004-2009.
- I was fortunate to teach about Love from Matthew Chapter 5 on the Mount of Beatitudes in Israel in 2007.
- I had major back surgery after riding the Virginia Creeper Bicycle Trail in 2009.
- I applied to North Park Theological Seminary in December, 2010.
- I organized and promoted two Alternative Rock fundraiser shows in 2011 and 2012....."The Fridays Reunion" and "The Labor Day Soiree" which can be found on You Tube.
- I received an F in my only Masters Level Theology course "Interpreting The New Testament" in 2012.
My life has turned out better than I ever thought it would . . . . .
My short bio
Ivan Leon Siler III